Michael Schweit has been a licensed contractor for over 30 years. Skills from that business translate into organizational skills and juggling many balls in the air. He started flyfishing in 1982 and served as Outings Chair for Sierra Pacific Fly Fishers from 1999-2006.
As Southwest Council President from 2009-2019 he worked with the BOD to create the Fly Fishing Faire, Riptide Rendezvous, Club Management Day and Fly Buy. He fishes the salt primarily (with a world record white seabass on the fly) but is not averse to fishing anywhere species with gills and/or scales are found. Currently as Special Projects Director he organizes events such as tournaments, outreach and assists in Council fundraising functions.
Michael Schweit is a chartermaster out of Channel Islands Sportfishing. That means he hosts trips throughout the seasons and while these trips are mostly for conventional gear anglers, Michael will show you opportunities to use a fly rod on any boat. His current world record of a white seabass, taken on 8 pound tippet, was on just such a trip and he will show you techniques that can be used on fly rod only trips too.
- If you would like to be “on the list” for the many charters that Michael books throughout the year, please contact him at:
- Home 818.7573474 | Cell/Text 818.6019702
CLUB MEETING SCHEDULE | 6:00 – 8:30pm
Request: PLEASE bring a chair (foldable camping chair)
* Meet & Greet Social Time
* Fly Tying
* Fishing Reports / Club Announcements
* Program / Speaker / Presentation.
* BYOB (alcoholic beverages to share).
* BYOCC (bring your own camping chair!)
* If you would like to be a guest to our meeting, please email the meeting director at: firstname.lastname@example.org